We operate one of the largest Patent and Scientific Data API’s available
Our data API service allows software systems to automatically interface with our source datasets. Our collections cover the full range of science and technology disciplines including Health and Life Sciences, Energy and CleanTech, IT and Telecommunications, Advanced Materials and more. Our collections contain over 100 million peer reviewed documents.
To request API access then please contact us.
Our four most popular datasets for API customers
- Patent Data API
- Publication Data API
- Medical Device Data API
- Custom datasets created for you by CambridgeIP
If you would like to discuss how these options could relate to your business, contact us for a free introductory technical consultation.
Available API methods
- Search – Create your own custom searches on the databases
- Details – Returns XML or JSON representations of the specified document’s text.
- Summaries – Returns a set of data based on given document numbers
- PDF – Returns a ZIP-file compressed archive containing the specified patent document items.
Example API query – Patent Data API Search
A fully configurable search interface to the CambridgeIP data repository, query syntax is the same as the main interface. A summary of fields available to query and return is available on request.
If you would like more information on our Data API service then please contact us.