Open Innovation and Technology Scouting
Access R&D concepts, identify and secure collaborations, and determine optimal IP strategies using Open Innovation
CambridgeIP’s Open Innovation offering helps organisations benefit from external initiatives in their field of endeavour.
Our Open Innovation and Technology Scouting work has been commissioned by multinational FMCG companies, major pharmaceutical companies and investors. We have expertise in many sectors including: Health, Energy, Telecoms, Nanotechnology and Water.
Key features and benefits of open innovation include:
- Systematic and comprehensive data driven research – we provide facts in relation to R&D trends and specific opportunities
- Software enabled expert analysis that is efficient, repeatable and ‘CXO compatible’ – we provide results fast, that are easy for executives to understand
- Network analysis makes existing R&D relationships explicit, highlighting key players & new entrants
- Consultative assistance and advice from a team that has hands-on experience of Open Innovation activities in over 100 projects within CambridgeIP and in working on M&A, in- and out-licensing, innovation finance and R&D in both academic and corporate environments
Our clients use open innovation capabilities to:
- Access relevant R&D concepts, developments and IP through collaborations, license-in and outright acquisitions
- Secure partners for collaborative R&D developments and marketing/distribution projects
- Benefit from partner’s existing paths to market for their technologies
- Understand internal IP assets and how best to exploit these, including by identifying new licence-out opportunities
- Understand how best to position their developments to corporate partners, and determine optimal IP strategies
An open innovation service is typically conducted prior to making decisions on intellectual property strategy and business strategies including patentability, freedom to operate and market entry decisions. Many clients use open innovation to support ongoing R&D programmes, fundraising including investment due diligence and building an investment case for senior management.
Talk to an expert about Open Innovation
An open innovation service is used by the full range of players in technology intensive sectors:
- Corporate R&D, strategy, competitive intelligence, Open Innovation and IP departments
- Investors including institutional investors, venture capital investors and angel investors
- Universities, Research Institutes, public sector & non-profit organisations
- Individual inventors and technology consultants
- SMEs and technology start ups
To learn more about our clients and how we work with them to deliver their IP and business strategy needs please see Our Client page. Or if you want to discuss your business needs with us directly please contact us.