Fact-based technology intelligence to support your R&D, competitive intelligence and IP strategy
Our technology intelligence offerings communicate actionable intelligence to senior executives and supports business intelligence needs through identifying research collaborations, technology partnerships, M&A and IP acquisition advice.
Our technology consulting and patent research work has been commissioned by leading research institutes including Chatham House and the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA), as well as multinational corporations, high-growth enterprises, investors, and individual inventors. We have expertise in many sectors including: Health, Energy, Telecoms, Nanotechnology and Water.
Our technology consulting provides a review of key technology development areas as they correspond to our clients current and future market niches.
- Technology tree and matrix analysis, decomposing and visualizing key technology systems and technology approaches in a specific application area
- Example patents within each application area
- Key Corporate R&D and University Research actors
- Key performance factors related to technologies
- Technology Foresight maps showing likely evolution of key technologies, and their market impact
Our technology consulting can be used to support:
- Confirm freedom to operate and identify prior art
- Inform IP and technology valuations
- Identify key players, R&D relationships and their intensity
- Patentability and prior art searches,
- Supporting invalidity searches
- Find relevant technology examples, diagrams and descriptions
- Understand trends by technology, geography, application etc.
Technology consulting is typically conducted prior to making decisions on intellectual property strategy and business strategies including patentability, freedom to operate and market entry decisions.
Many clients use technology intelligence to support due diligence on external partners and technologies, identify IP-related strengths and weaknesses and monitor the technology trends and activity of key players to inform open innovation and partnering strategy.
Talk to an expert about our Technology Consulting
Technology consulting is accessed by a range of stakeholders in various industries:
- Corporate R&D, strategy, competitive intelligence, Open Innovation and IP departments
- Investors including institutional investors, venture capital investors and angel investors
- Universities, Research Institutes, public sector & non-profit organisations
- Individual inventors and technology consultants
- SMEs and technology start ups
To learn more about our clients and how we work with them to deliver their IP and business strategy needs please see Our Client page.
If you want to discuss your business needs with us directly please contact us.